Monday, February 5, 2007

Living The Kingdom - Sermon Follow Up

So the question then becomes, “How do we live out this unique, radical, holy and powerful distinct Kingdom?” To begin to walk this out, we must first understand the idea of what a kingdom is. A kingdom is a “dome where a king rules”; a king’s influence, authority and power. Jesus came to usher in his radical, unique kingdom that was totally different than the kingdom of the world. Wherever Jesus was present, so was his Kingdom (Matthew 12:28).

As human beings we have spheres of power and authority that we control. As followers of Jesus, our perspective begins to change; namely, who we allow to control this sphere, God or us. When we submit our will and actions to God’s ultimate will in our own spheres of influence (see Jesus’ prayer in Mathew 6:10), God’s Kingdom comes and his will can be literally worked out through our every day lives. (Read further in: I John 2:6; Romans 12:2; John 13:14,15)

3 comments:

Geoff said...

Hey Pastor Ryan,
Geoff Olson here. Dont know if you remember me, but I used to go to UMD, and always lifted with Ty, Ryan, and Eric. I saw your artice in Mens Health, Congrats. Thanks for the Inspiration on this blog. I dont live in Duluth anymore, but I can still catch up.
http://geoffis.blogspot.com/
Geoff

Anonymous said...

G'day Ryan,

I am the CEO of The Bible Society in New Zealand. I am also trying to loose some weight! A google search brought up the Men's Health article that told your story and inspired, I thought I would make contact with a bro who has done the hard work.

In short, I am 35, a busy CEO of a large Christian org. and I am carrying extra weight. I need to loose 33 pounds.

Would you be open to sending through your diet and exercise plan ?

God bless ya,

Mark Brown
http://brownblog.info/
mbrownsky@hotmail.com

Michael Gray said...

Hey, congratulations on your Men's Health article. I'm a subscriber and after reading about you being a pastor, I thought I would look you up.

I'm the Pastor of Communications at a church in Phoenix, AZ. I saw in one of your photos that you recently visited AZ -- if you come here often, I invite you to visit our church some weekend (Palm Valley Church in Goodyear).

Anyway, I was glad to see another pastor represented in Men's Health -- even if they assume that we all wear "vestments".

me & my love

me & my love

our wonderful family

our wonderful family

aria

aria

gabrielle

gabrielle

family

family