Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Crucified Life

It's amazing how self-centered I am. I mean really, when I step back and look at my thoughts and actions, how many times it comes back to me thinking about myself, doing what pleases me, what makes me happy. Jesus words in Luke 9:23 cut to the heart, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." DENY. That's tough.

My prayer for the past few weeks has been, "God, crucify more and more of me so you can impart your life to me and display your self-sacrificial love through me to others." Every morning I look at the previous day and realize all of the ways I failed to sacrifice for others; all of the ways I lived for me. And yet, in the most encouraging voice, the Holy Spirit reminds me of one or two places where I actually denied myself and really did live out the kind of love that Jesus displayed at the cross. It's all about the journey to the crucified life.

No comments:

me & my love

me & my love

our wonderful family

our wonderful family

aria

aria

gabrielle

gabrielle

family

family